Forth Valley

Campaign for Real Ale

Campaign for Real Ale

Inn at Torbrex

Emailku.oc.nnixerbrot@ofni Telephone(01786) 437260
Real AleQuiet PubFamily FriendlyGardenLunchtime MealsEvening MealsDisabled AccessParkingSmokingRestaurantFunction RoomDog FriendlyWiFi
Opening times: Mon–Thu 11:00-24:00; Fri and Sat 11:00-01:30 next day; Sun 11:00-24:00
Regular beers: Harviestoun --varies--, Harviestoun --varies--

See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.

The building that now houses The Inn at Torbrex was originally built in 1721 as a grand Laird's house and is the oldest building in what was an outlying, but now subsumed village, of Stirling. It has been a Coaching Inn in various forms for coming up to three centuries. The design of the front of the building retains all the window and door openings in the same position as the time the original house was built. There are also still some of the original beams retained within the structure and the date plaque at the front door has remained in its place since the buildings life began and has many stories to tell.