Four Marys65-67 High Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Close to Linlithgow Palace, birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots, the building dates back to around 1500 and is named after Mary's four ladies-in-waiting.
Initially a dwelling house, the building has had several changes of use over the centuries - it was once a chemist's run by the Waldie family whose most famous member, David, helped establish the anaesthetic properties of chloroform in 1847.
The pub serves good-quality food and at least six real ales from breweries across Scotland and the UK.